Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Meditation for a January Day
Tues, 1.09.08

Heard the Wind blowing hard against my window today,
I stood to look out,
This is what I saw...

Meadow softly blanketed with snow,
Edges pulling back,
Reveal fragile blades of green.
Last Fall's leaves tumbling along the ground,
Search in vain for their season.

Azure Sky,
Clouds drenched in sunlight,
Others hang dark and heavy.
All moving so fast,
As if Earth is spinning out of control.
Yet I am standing still.

River flowing in liquid ribbons,
Ice hugs her shallow borders.
Distant Mountains frosted and bare,
Dappled in sunlight beneath the rolling clouds.

Heard the Wind blowing hard against my window today,
Closed my eyes and listened,
This is what I heard...
Spirit of the Earth speaking to me without words.

© 2008 bam



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home